HOW TO IMPORT OUR SVG FILES INTO CRICUT DESIGN SPACE (step by step):
If you downloaded one of our Jumbo Bundle ZIP files, you will need to UNZIP the compressed file first (see below).
If your SE design imported into Cricut Design Space filled-in with the design cut-out areas in white and the stencil material area in SE Teal/or another color, then the design is WELDED and unable to be resized as is. Contact SE support to see if your design is available in a resizable version.
IF your SE design(s) is NOT filled-in with the design cut-out areas in white and the stencil material area in SE Teal/or another color, it is RESIZEABLE. Please follow the instructions below to assist Cricut Design Space in recognizing the proper way to cut your design.
Because Cricut Design Space handles SVG files in layers, you must UNGROUP then ATTACH your Stencil Expressions SVG design before you can move or cut it as a whole.
To do this, follow these steps:
UPLOAD > browse for SVG file > Click on that file to upload.
NAME your image and click the green UPLOAD button.
Before you can cut your stencil, you must:
UNGROUP your file
Click on the stencil outline.
Click on UNGROUP in upper right Layers window.
**SOMETIMES Cricut Design Space will show an SVG file with just filled in color or only show part of the design on the mat. This is because DS works in layers and one part of the design may have opened under another layer. To correct this you will need to bring the design to the top layer so it is visible. Then continue to ATTACH the layer together and cut. Move design to the top so you can see it:
**Right click on outer stencil blank square only & click > SEND TO BACK.
**You should see all of the design on top of the stencil blank now.
To attach pieces together so they will cut as one project and not individual pieces on your mat:
Select entire stencil image on mat then right click then click > ATTACH.
This will group the stencil pieces together as one image.
Now you may place your image on your mat where you would like it to cut and
cut your stencil as one piece so Design Space will not blow up the design all over your mat when you click MAKE IT .
HOW TO IMPORT OUR SVG FILES INTO SILHOUETTE STUDIO
(step by step. Note: you must have the Designer Edition upgrade or higher of the Silhouette Studio program in order to import & cut SVG files. You cannot import SVGs into the BASIC version of Silhouette Studio):
1. You can add an SVG file directly to your Silhouette Library, by choosing File > Import > Import to Library. This will save the design in Studio format to your library for future use.
2. Then, double-click the design you want to use to open it in your Silhouette Studio workspace.
If the file you’ve chosen is an SVG, it will open and appear on your screen ungrouped.
Select the entire stencil design (left click and drag until all the design is lassoed), right click > GROUP
Now your stencil is ready to cut.
If you downloaded one of our Jumbo Bundle ZIP files, you will need to UNZIP the compressed file first (see below) then group your stencil and cut.
ALTERNATE METHOD TO OPEN:
1. From the Studio top left menu, choose File > Open, or click the folder icon on the top tool bar.
2. In the file explorer window, navigate to where you saved the SVG file.
3. Click on the file you wish to open and click “Continue”.
NOTE: For both Cricut and Silhouette, you do not need to trace SVG files.
HOW TO IMPORT OUR SVG FILES INTO The Brother ScanNCut 2
The Brother ScanNCut 2 machine will import and cut SVG files directly. The original BSnC machine is not compatible with SVG files. With the current machine, simply import your downloaded Stencil Expressions SVG files into the Canvas software online, position on your digital cutting mat and cut. The original Brother ScanNCut machine does not allow you to plug your computer into it, therefore it does not accept SVG files for cutting. However, there is a work-around that our customers have found to be successful in utilizing SVGs on the original Brother ScanNCut.
How to Cut SVG Files on the ORIGINAL Brother ScanNCut Machine**
In a nutshell, you'll need go to the Canvas software online at scanncutcanvas.brother.com/
From there you will import your SVG file into the current machine software (Canvas). Once you have the design in the software you can simply save it as an .FCM file (the Brother proprietary software). You can then load the .FCM file onto the original Brother ScanNCut machine by saving the .FCM file to a USB/Zip/Jump drive. Place the drive into the machine.
**NOTE: You will need to repeat these steps with every SVG file that you need to convert to a .FCM file. All of our designs are compatible with the Brother machines, there is just a work-around needed for the original Brother ScanNCut. You will not need to convert SVGs for the Brother ScanNCut 2 or higher machines as it can be directly linked to your computer and the Canvas software recognizes them.
How to Cut SVG Files on the Brother ScanNCut 2 in CANVAS
- Log into your account: Brother ScanNCut Canvas Cloud at their website: https://scanncutcanvas.brother.com
2. Open a NEW Project and click on the SVG button at the top of Canvas.
3. Find the SVG file that you'd like to use on your computer: FILE, (locate the SVG file) then click OK in Canvas.
The design will then be movable to where you would like the machine to cut it on the mat.
4. Click the DOWNLOAD button to save the design as an .FCM file. This is the Brother proprietary file extension that the original ScanNCut needs in order to cut the design.
- Name the file and click DOWNLOAD TO PC. You must specify a name for your file. Canvas will not pick up the Stencil Expressions file name from our SVG file that you downloaded.
We suggest naming something like; SE TDAY-015 Thanksgiving Word Search. So you can easily see what the design is.
6. With your file converted and saved, you can now plug the USB/Zip/Jump drive into your original ScanNCut machine, and cut.
We are not an affiliate marketer with Brother. We are simply supplying info to address a common question on how to cut SVG files on the Brother ScanNCut machine.
HOW TO UNZIP A .ZIP FILE BUNDLE THAT YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED FROM STENCIL EXPRESSIONS:
To Unzip Online: https://www.ezyzip.com/unzip-files-online.html
1. Under "Select zip file to extract", click on browse
2. Select the zip file you wish to extract.
3. Click "Extract". It will list the content of the zip file.
4. Click "Save" on the individual files to save file to your local drive.
How to Unzip Without WinZip for Windows 10:
1. Find the desired ZIP file
2. Open the file explorer by double-clicking the desired file.
3. Locate “Compressed Folder Tools” at the top of the File Explorer menu
4. Click “Extract” immediately below “Compressed Folder Tools”
5. Wait for a pop-up window to appear
6. At the bottom of the pop-up window click “Extract”
NOTE: Once unzipped, the contents of the file should be revealed.
If the file successfully unzips but does not open you can double click the file to reveal the contents.
How To UnZip Using WinZip program:
1. Save the .zip file extension to the desktop. If your compressed file was downloaded from a website, it may be saved in the Downloads folder in your Documents or user directory.
2. Launch WinZip from your start menu or Desktop shortcut. Open the compressed file by clicking File > Open. If your system has the compressed file extension associated with WinZip program, just double-click on the file.
3. Select all the files and folders inside the compressed file. Or multi-select only the files or folders you want to open by holding the CTRL key and left-clicking on them.
4. Click 1-click Unzip and choose Unzip to PC or Cloud in the WinZip toolbar under the Unzip/Share tab.
5. Choose the destination folder to place the extracting files and click the "Unzip" button.
6. Find your extracted files in the destination folder
More helps coming soon