HOW TO IMPORT OUR SVG FILES INTO CRICUT DESIGN SPACE (step by step):
If the file you’ve chosen is an SVG, it will open and appear on you screen ready to cut. If you downloaded one of our Jumbo Bundle ZIP files, you will need to UNZIP the compressed file first (see below).
Because Cricut Design Space handles SVG files in layers, you must group (attach) each of your Stencil Expressions design before you can cut it.
To do this follow these steps:
Select entire stencil image on mat > Click ATTACH
This is group the stencil pieces together as one image.
Now you may place your image on your mat where you would like it to cut and
cut your stencil as one piece.
This is a good tutorial on this by Colleen Pastoor:
Start video at 4:50 running to 6:26
Always feel free to reach out for assistance with any questions.
We are happy to assist you.
Keep Expressing Yourself!
HOW TO IMPORT OUR SVG FILES INTO SILHOUETTE STUDIO (step by step. Note: you must have the Designer Edition upgrade or higher in order to import & cut SVG files):
1. You can add an SVG file directly to your Silhouette Library, by choosing File > Import > Import to Library. This will save the design in Studio format to your library for future use.
2. Then, double-click the design you want to use to open it in your Silhouette Studio workspace.
If the file you’ve chosen is an SVG, it will open and appear on your screen ungrouped.
Select the entire stencil design, right click > GROUP
Now your stencil is ready to cut.
If you downloaded one of our Jumbo Bundle ZIP files, you will need to UNZIP the compressed file first (see below) then group your stencil and cut.
ALTERNATE METHOD TO OPEN:
1. From the Studio top left menu, choose File > Open, or click the folder icon on the top tool bar.
2. In the file explorer window, navigate to where you saved the SVG file.
3. Click on the file you wish to open and click “Continue”.
NOTE: For both Cricut and Silhouette, you do not need to trace SVG files.
HOW TO UNZIP A BUNDLE THAT YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED FROM STENCIL EXPRESSIONS:
To Unzip Online: https://www.ezyzip.com/unzip-files-online.html
1. Under "Select zip file to extract", click on browse
2. Select the zip file you wish to extract.
3. Click "Extract". It will list the content of the zip file.
4. Click "Save" on the individual files to save file to your local drive.
How to Unzip Without WinZip for Windows 10:
1. Find the desired ZIP file
2. Open the file explorer by double-clicking the desired file.
3. Locate “Compressed Folder Tools” at the top of the File Explorer menu
4. Click “Extract” immediately below “Compressed Folder Tools”
5. Wait for a pop-up window to appear
6. At the bottom of the pop-up window click “Extract”
NOTE: Once unzipped, the contents of the file should be revealed.
If the file successfully unzips but does not open you can double click the file to reveal the contents.
How To UnZip Using WinZip program:
1. Save the .zip file extension to the desktop. If your compressed file was downloaded from a website, it may be saved in the Downloads folder in your Documents or user directory.
2. Launch WinZip from your start menu or Desktop shortcut. Open the compressed file by clicking File > Open. If your system has the compressed file extension associated with WinZip program, just double-click on the file.
3. Select all the files and folders inside the compressed file. Or multi-select only the files or folders you want to open by holding the CTRL key and left-clicking on them.
4. Click 1-click Unzip and choose Unzip to PC or Cloud in the WinZip toolbar under the Unzip/Share tab.
5. Choose the destination folder to place the extracting files and click the "Unzip" button.
6. Find your extracted files in the destination folder
More helps coming soon